Apprenticeships are one of the best ways to learn something new and gain experience at the same time. On this page, we will explain the many different features of apprenticeships, talk about entry requirements as an example, how you can go about applying for an apprenticeship in Maidstone.
What is an Apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeships provide training from an employer that will lead you to a nationally recognised qualification at the end of your training.
- They will give you a chance at learning hundreds of different career paths, including the opportunity to work for some of the big organisations such as the NHS.
- An apprenticeship can take anything from 1 year to 4 years to complete.
- Apprenticeships are open to all people over the age of 16.
- While learning at the place of work you may be required to go to a training centre or a college at least once a week.
- You will be working towards completing a competency qualification (depending on the workplace) and also a knowledge qualification, or both of the requirements combined.
- You learn to develop your skills in Maths and English.
- If you are aged between 16 and 19 and you are in your first year of your apprenticeship in Maidstone, you are entitled to receive the National Minimum Wage for apprentices this is £3.40 an hour, however, must employers pay well over the minimum £3.40 an hour.
- Apprenticeships Intermediate – follows a work based learning structure to gain a level 2 qualification. This is equivalent to 5 GCSE’S C – A*
- Apprenticeships Advanced – follows a work based learning structure to gain a level 3 qualification. This is equivalent to two A levels.
- Apprenticeships Higher Education – – follows a work based learning structure to gain a level 4,5,6 and 7 qualification. This is equivalent to a foundation degree or a full degree.
Entry Requirements for Apprenticeships in Maidstone
Employers will want to make sure that you can cope with the level of work that will be required of them. So some of the entry requirements will vary depending on the employer, the type and level of the apprenticeship you wish to do. For example, to gain entry to an advanced apprenticeship in Maidstone, you may need to have at least four to five GCSE’S at grades C to A. Some employers require for you to take an entry test. To begin a higher level apprenticeship, you will more than likely have or need a level 3 qualification or the right experience.
Types of Apprenticeships in Maidstone
There are lots of different jobs that cover apprenticeships. Here are some of the apprenticeships that we provide
- Level 2 Manufacturing Operations.
- Level 2 Health and Social Care.
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Level 2 in Highway Maintenance.
- Level 2 in Warehouse and Storage.
- Level 2 In Driving Goods Vehicles.
- Level 2 in Team Leading.
- Level 2 Contact Centre.
- Level 2 in Business Administrator.
- Level 2 in Customer Service.
- Level 3 in Management.
- Level 3 Business Administration.
Find out More about Apprenticeships in Maidstone and Apply.
There can be a lot of competition when it comes to a place for an apprenticeship. In the application stage and the interview you will be required to show how committed you are, be aware of the responsibilities and able to cope with working and studying at the same time.
There couldn’t be a better time then now to start an apprenticeship in Maidstone. Applying is really easy and straight forward. Go to our contact form on this page contact and send us an email or call us at : 01942 265859 and we will be more than happy to help find the right apprenticeship for you.
The next steps after completing your Apprenticeship in Maidstone
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you may get the chance or an offer to have a permanent job with the company that you took out your apprenticeship with. Most of the apprenticeships which are successful tend to stay at the company in employment once they have completed the apprenticeship. It’s always a good idea to see if you have the chance for jobs at the end of your apprenticeship.