A Government funded Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship in wigan
Government funded NVQ Level 2 Business Administration – Subject to Eligibility
This qualification is for learners currently working within a business and administration role who want to improve their knowledge and skills in a range of work environments and sectors. It forms the knowledge and competency requirements of the Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework in Business Administration.
As a new or existing business administrator, you will be required to produce, communicate and organise documentation and contribute to an information management system. As part of the development, this fully funded business administration programme will provide you with an opportunity for you to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Duration: The course can take anything up to 12 months to complete. You will be required to see your assessor every month for a period of between 12 – 14 months. Every month you will need to demonstrate progression against your selected units from your apprenticeship.
Location: The training and assessment will take place at your premises. There will be no requirement for you travel to a training venue unless this is previously agreed with you or the organisation.
Buiness Administration Apprenticeship Summary
This Apprenticeship can be applied across a broad range of sectors and job roles. Good business administrators are required for the success of any business, so the skills gained with this Apprenticeship are transferable and valuable.
Learning will be tailored to your industry, but it’s likely you’ll be responsible for the delivery of a service, or how other people carry out their work.
On your Apprenticeship in Business Administration, you’ll learn the following about theories of business administration and how business works. You’ll be required to manage your own workload; work effectively with other people, and learn how to get your point across through talking and discussion with others.
Depending on the focus of your job, you might learn some other skills these include; communication in a business environment, principles of business document production and information management, manage personal performance and development, maintain and issue stationery and supplies, administer the recruitment and selection process and contribute to the development and implementation of an information system or develop customer service skills.
Job Roles suitable for this apprenticeship course include:
- Office juniors
- Medical receptionists
- Junior medical secretaries
- Junior legal secretaries
Advanced apprentices will work in these roles:
- Administration executives/officers
- Administration team leaders
- Personal assistants or secretaries, including legal or medical secretaries Managers (New and Existing)
- The Apprenticeship is made up of 4 core units:
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Team Leading Principals
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Team Leading
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills ICT Level 2
Candidates need to complete all mandatory units to a total of 10 credits and a minimum of 5 credits from Optional Units Group 1 and a minimum of 2 credits from Optional Units Group 2. To achieve the qualification a minimum of 17 credits is required.
- Manage Personal Development level 2 with 4 credit
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues level 2 with 3 credit
- Communicate Information and knowledge level 2 with 3 credit
Optional Units Group 1
- Set objectives and provide support for team members level 2 with 5 credits
- Plan, allocate and monitor work of a team level 2 with 5 credits.
Optional Units Group 2
- Manage or support equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion in own area of responsibility level 2 with 4 credits
- Support team members in identifying, developing and implementing new ideas level 2 with 4 credits
- Manage conflict in a team level 2 with 3 credits
- Lead and manage meetings level 2 with 4 credits
- Participate in meetings level 2 with 2 credits
- Make effective decisions level 2 with 4 credits
- Manage knowledge in own area of responsibility level 2 with 2 credits
- Manage customer service in own area of responsibility level 2 with 4 credits